the electric power distribution company currently recruits for the positions of an ICT Support Officer. Who will cover for the FCT, Niger, Kogi and Nassarawa States, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates. The applicants must be innovative, dynamic and sufficiently experienced in the following:
Job Position: ICT Support
· The primary function of this job is to install and maintain all ICT infrastructures, provide hardware/software support services to enhance Company business operations.
· As ICT Support, the candidate, experienced in computer network management, will take up ICT Support positions in the listed States of our areas of operations, and the AEDC Head Office and be expected to: Be multi-skilled in supporting various ICT systems
· Ensure continuous availability of ICT systems Provide efficient and effective IT Help Desk services within the area of responsibility
· Install, maintain all ICT infrastructure and ensure end user connectivity and network peripheral computing equipment
· Configure communication to IP-enabled devices.
· Maintain all computer/telecommunication equipment hardware/software at a required level of availability in order to meet user needs.
· Execute CT related projects to deliver planned results
· Supervise ICT contractor works on site.
· Keep an up-to-date inventory of Telecoms & IT assets installed in the area of responsibility
· Undertake any other jobs that may be assigned from time to time within AEDC.
The candidate should have:
· A minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND)/Advanced Diploma in IT Networking, Computer Science, or Telecommunications, or Information Technology with a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience. However, practical knowledge and hands-on skills would be essential
· Analytical and strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities. Knowledge and ability in identifying and understanding cause-and-effect.
· The candidate should have the following plus a minimum of three years of practicing.
· MCSE with hands-on experience.
· Deep knowledge of Wired/Wireless LAN/WAN.
· CCNP (Routing & Switching) would be an advantage.
· Broad knowledge of lCT devices and their standard networking configuration features.
· Experience in supporting a large and active user base
· Hands-on experience in network/PC installation and maintenance,
· Advanced knowledge and experience in various computer operating systems and common business applications system.
· Hands-on, fast learner, adaptable, self -starter with "can do" attitude.
· Efficient, result-oriented and able to work with minimum supervision.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
· Age: Not older than 35 years.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2014. (17:00hrs GMT)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application including three referees, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, and photo ID to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject of your email exactly as; ICT Support and addressed to;
The CEO/MD, Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,
1 Ziquinchor Street,
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja,
· Email size should not exceed 8MB and only emailed applications will be accepted.
· All certificates will be verified.
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.